Friday, June 1, 2012

Red Lobster, Finally!


It's probably just all the hype and marketing going on for Red Lobster, but I've been wanting to eat there since the first time I saw their ad. And because lobster isn't a common dish served at home, of course. It's no caviar but even if we did have a lobster at home, how to cook it best to bring out its flavor is still something to discover for us. So better leave it to the experts for now.

Since we live a good 2-3 hours away from even the nearest Red Lobster location, our wish to eat there has been just that, a wish. We didn't want to drive that long just to eat (even if it's for lobsters), it should be part of an even bigger itinerary like shopping, haha! And though we do frequent the states to shop, it was only on Sunday that my friends and I decided to hit it up for dinner after a long day of shopping (or rather, driving). Yay!

We got there just in the nick of dinner time so the place was packed - the entrance area was filled with diners waiting to be seated. And we're given this taser-like device w/c lights up and beeps when our table is ready.

 

Surprisingly though, the wait time was only thirty minutes, when I was sure it would've been an hour. It wasn't a boring wait and before we knew it, we were headed to our table and was assigned with a very nice and friendly waitress too (well, they should be anyway, haha!).

Our orders came and the feast began! Be jealous, be very jealous! Lol! I don't remember the names of these dishes though! I forgot to take note of them! Oops.

 Steak and shrimp

 Shrimps and a big part of a lobster

 Steak and shrimps again for my friend who's craving these that night

Jealous yet? Haha!

I can't tell you about my friends' orders but I loved mine! I'm not a big shrimp fan (surprising? By this I just mean that I don't usually order a shrimp dish) but this dish caught my eye on the menu - it looked so good and appetizing! I loved the taste of the lobster, the spices were definitely there but didn't overpower the lobster's natural taste and you can tell it's really fresh off the sea (or their aquarium by the entrance). The surprise for me here was the shrimp in some sauce (I really should've remembered its name!). It had a salty edge to it and the juices that come out from every bite is absolutely satisfying. And the rice pilaf was really a treat to my Asian tongue. Haha! The only disappointment are the broccolis - they are the blandest on my plate of seafood delight. I love broccoli and they just killed the appeal broccolis have on me! It made me realize why children don't like them - they're nasty if cooked like that (however they did it!).

That's about it.

Am I happy diner? 
Excepting the broccoli, definitely! 

Will I go back to eat here again? 
For sure! No doubt about that!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious. Red Lobster is also in our wish list. Too bad we dont have one in BC. Anyway, thanks for posting.

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete