Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Banzai!!!


This little Japanese restaurant in Richmond (which isn't saying much really, there's a LOT of those in here) has been a family favorite since we've been introduced to Banzai. Sad, but I don't recall how we got to know this place and how my first time experience was eating here. Though that is the case, I'm sure my first time is the same as any other time I've eaten here - satisfyingly fulfilling!

It's no all-you-can-eat so their sushi and rolls taste much better than those AYCE style Japanese restaurants. With the same price range as AYCE ones, it's easy to think that Banzai is more expensive but I can vouch it's all worth it and more. You get the quality AND the quantity of what you order. Though Asian, the serving's been westernized perhaps to satisfy the hungry Canadians and who'd complain about that right? You get your order and you'd really feel like shouting BANZAI! readying yourself for battle with the food! Lol.

My family and I LOVE Salmon Sashimi and only Banzai has been successful in satisfying our craving for this raw Japanese dish. It's so big, creamy and delicious! Their sushi and rolls are also big you'd think the taste would be compromised but the Japanese flavor is still there! Definitely oishi! They also serve this in party tray sizes that are affordable but can feed an army.

The photo above was taken a year ago for my birthday dinner with the family - three takeout bento boxes are all it took to satiate our hunger and craving for Japanese dishes. And if I remember correctly, we even had leftovers that night! Well, we still have Asian bodies after all. We can only take in so much food!

Ahhhh! Looking at this makes me want to head over after work and get me some Salmon Sashimi!

Happy eating! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment