Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Japadog Craze


It is almost a part of the downtown Vancouver culture to grab a hotdog for a quick bite before heading to a Canucks game at Rogers Arena. But of course, it cannot be just any hotdog - it's gotta be Japadog! Okay, I sounded like a totally lame advertisement! Lol! But you get it, right?

Japadog's a totally downtown household brand, if I may say so, and almost all tourists have heard of it and would want a taste of this famous street food. This can be exclusively found in Vancouver - they have five locations in downtown alone (four street food stand and one small dine-in place), well, until recently when they opened one in New York. Yep, expanding their horizon, to, as they say, "Make the world happy and alive through hotdogs!"

So come game day a month ago  my friend and I made sure (not really, actually, it just happened to be that way. Lol!) that I get the whole experience. So that night, I got robbed off two of my 'firsts - my first Canucks game and first Japadog bite!


While the game was not at all satisfactory as evidenced with losing a devastating 5-2 game to the Dallas Stars, the Japadog did indeed live up to its reputation. It's got a unique taste (and not the kind you never want to experience again) and the little time we had to wait for it certainly added to its charm. While the place could use a little expanding considering the lot of people who go there for a bite, it wasn't really that bad. After all, it is first and foremost a street food vendor and you really just go there for take out or for a really quick bite (the average guy could probably down it in 3-4 bites), and not to sit in for idle chit-chat over the food. Nevertheless, the Terimayo japadog that I had tastes great and I loved the seaweed! And the butter and garlic shaked fries are delish! The two definitely make a perfect combo! I'd surely go there again to taste their one-of-its-kind flavors as they all look appetizing.

P.S. No, I did not have two japadogs! Really.

Happy eating! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment