Thursday, August 22, 2013

Carrot Cake In A Mug


So I saw a cheap clean eats video for a carrot cake in a mug and thought this is perfect for the carrot-cake loving me! I wouldn't have to sweat out grating a kilo of carrots to make a big cake when all I really want is a small piece, just enough to satisfy a craving. 

So here's the recipe from Blogilates!


For my recipe, I didn't have pumpkin pie spice (no Trader Joes in Canada! Booo!) so I just used cinnamon, coconut sugar for stevia, and frozen bananas. I had to keep putting it back to the microwave 'cause it kept coming out still a bit wet (not cake consistency) and I think it's because of the frozen bananas. So I'll be sure to use fresh ones next time. The frosting is a surprise 'cause I didn't think tofu would be good for frosting but it turned out pretty okay - I didn't really taste the tofu in it.

Overall, the recipe's not too sweet, just right for me who's told to stay away from too-sugary desserts. But if you have a sweet tooth, go ahead and add more of the stevia.

Thanks Blogilates!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment