Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Salmon Cakes Over Kale Salad


New favourite salad. Zesty. And flavourful.

Kale was such a surprise for me. I've only ever used lettuce or mixed spring greens for my salad base and only knew about Kale when I started juicing. And even then, I'd buy Kale to juice or give to my bunny. It was a friend who said he used Kale for his salad and I thought maybe I could do the same, after all it's packed with protein that I need in my diet. 

So I found myself an easy dressing recipe for my simple Kale Salad that'll only include tomatoes, olives, and sunflower seeds. Half a lemon, a tablespoon of olive oil and canola oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper later and I got myself a zesty salad dressing that I fell in love with! Now the mini salmon cakes were not part of the recipe but I wanted some kind of meat and remembered I had just made these a day before so I tossed them over to complete my protein-packed salad! 

Th mini salmon cakes we're so easy to make and yet was such a treat! I absolutely love salmon and found ground salmon in my local grocer (they don't usually carry these) so I thought I could make some burgers with it. After looking at recipes and finding I don't have most of the ingredients, I settled with mayo, some seasoning salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne. I realized I didn't want burgers so I just made them into mini patties and fried them. 

And voila!


initially ate them like this and just dipped into mayo with cayenne pepper for a kick. ;)

Happy eating! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment