Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Numbered Asian Delight


Yes, another Asian restaurant. Lol. Well, I live in Richmond, BC - the hub of the Chinese, Japanese, Filipinos, Vietnamese, and basically all things Asian in Canada.

If there's one Chinese restaurant in Richmond that my friends and I wouldn't mind going to any given day, it's Number 9 no doubt! We have been frequent diners (as well as many others I'm sure) to this well-known restaurant in the heart of downtown Richmond. And the times we've been there, it is often abuzz with people, a sure sign of the quality of food they serve. Price is right too, the average cost of a meal being about $10 each person.

I've recently ate twice with my family here and the food was satisfying, save for the Lemon Chicken. It's a common favorite and it is usually pretty tasty but at that time, there was something missing or there was too much of it. I can't really pinpoint. But most of the time though, it's a satisfying meal. It's become a favorite even to the most non-Asian tongue of my very-white-in-taste Caucasian friends (not being racist here, okay). Among our other favorite dishes to order are Salt and Pepper Squid, Sweet & Sour Pork, Green Beans, and some kind of noodles. I don't remember them all as we leave the ordering to our friends who can speak fluent Mandarin or Cantonese (I can't really tell the diff). And everything's tasty and a delight to our hungry stomachs! Lol.

Back to my family luncheon, as my friends, we're a repetitive bunch and so got what we usually order - Hot & Sour Soup, Mixed Meats of Roast Pork/Honey Pork and Duck, Shanghai Chow Mein, BBQ Fried Rice, Mixed Vegetables w/ Prawns, and Lemon Chicken. Of course, these were not ordered all at once, we're just a family of four who can only eat so much. Haha!

 BBQ Pork Fried Rice, who can ever go wrong with this?

 Hot and Sour Soup. My family loved it 'cause it was cold and chilly out that day so this was the perfect remedy. But be warned, it is too hot in the throat (like spicy hot!). I couldn't finish my bowl 'cause I kept coughing.

The lemon chicken. I wanted it to be a little crispy to taste but this one I think was soaked in too much oil.

 I loved these roast pork! The skin was absolutely crunchy and the meat so soft. The taste - the right kind of salty, just the way I like it!

 Honey pork and the duck, well recommended! 

 Of these, the Mixed Vegetables w/ Prawns is the most unsatisfying. It was probably just steamed and with little spices to taste with and the promised prawns were really just shrimps.  

 I loved this Shanghai Chow Mein! Love the noodles, the taste,and the veggies in it. This reminded me of the famous noodle house in Chinatown that we went to in the Philippines.

There you go! Is your mouth watering and taste buds craving for Chinese food yet?

Happy eating! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment