Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Christmas Plate For Dinner



This was an unexpected Christmas plate. I've just only recently changed plates (first time to do so too since I moved out) to welcome the Fall season and just happened to have spinach tortillas in my fridge. It was even an impromptu buy - I rarely order wraps but I thought green wraps seem healthy and look cuter too so I went ahead and bought when I saw one at my local grocer.

So when I looked for what to make one night and saw what I had in my fridge, I thought, " Cool, I'd have myself a lovely feast tonight!" And before I know it, I had Christmas all over my plate! Yep, I was a happy kid and just had to snap away! 

It's not the healthiest of dinner though and I wouldn't eat this everyday. I usually have one meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekdays, that way I only have to think about cooking three meals for the work week. It can get pretty boring sometimes but I'm only feeding myself anyway so it saves me time and money. But as I said, this I didn't eat the entire week. I mean , three pieces of bacon for dinner? I won't be burning that no more! But yeah, it was so good! The wrap was tuna-filled, healthy but so big, it was filling. I definitely felt like I had my last supper, haha! 

I can probably still do this but with a healthier version - ditch the bacon and instead use Turkey bacon (does it really make it healthier?) and opt for a whole wheat wrap and just half the size. Just two of the bunched asparagus and have cucumbers for my greens and not the avocado. I think I even sprinkled organic coconut sugar on my avocado for the extra sweetness. Ooops. Very bad! Clean eating is definitely a challenge! But hey, it's worth it in the end! 

Happy eating!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment