Friday, September 4, 2015

Tebasaki Chicken



I love Japanese cuisine. Their cuisine intensifies the flavor of each ingredient and makes use of their aroma to bring out a craving and completes the satisfaction for the dish. Ingredients are carefully chosen to either complement each other or bring out the other's intense flavor. And the Japanese' attention to detail ensures that we're in for a treat beyond their appealing presentation.

That is how I've come to see their food after watching endless Cooking with Dog videos on YouTube. I love that channel. I mean, it's how I learned how to do the famous Japanese Omurice and impressed Nick (yet again) with my cooking. It's one of the first things I prepared for him when we started dating. I'll share that in a different post.

After watching so many videos from that channel, Nick decided that he wanted to try making one of their dishes - Tebasaki Chicken. Because, who doesn't love wings? And a Japanese flavored one? Get me an order or two of that, thank you. Nick made such a good job making this the first time too. It was so good, I instantly loved it! I still ask him to make this anytime I get a craving for it. He's more than happy to comply, as he loves this as well.

Despite the burst of flavor and taste, this dish was easy to make. You only had to put a little bit of work in grating the garlic and ginger - which were what gave this Japanese dish its distinct taste, aroma and palate satisfaction. Anyone of our family and friends who've tasted this loved it. It's actually become Nick's specialty dish.



And being the Asian that I am, rice is a staple with my Tebasaki chicken meal! I'm trying to be healthy so I paired it with brown rice. But who am I kidding, I still ate a lot of it. I just couldn't help it, especially with the Nori Komi Furikake Rice Seasoning. So good.

Are you drooling now? Sorry not sorry. Happy eating! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment