Monday, November 16, 2015

Spaghetti Aglio e Olio


Ever since falling in love again with Everyday Italian by Giada de Larentiis on Food Network, I've tried replicating her garlic and olive oil pasta. But every time I do, the taste doesn't seem quite right. Although I think it's because I use Spaghetti made of quinoa so it could at least be healthy. And if you've cooked quinoa pasta, then you know if you're not careful, it could easily be a miss. I've had a couple of misses so of course pairing it with just olive oil and garlic doesn't really improve much on the taste.

I've decided to finally try it with the regular Spaghetti. I searched for another way of doing this dish and found one with garlic not minced, but sliced thinly and a trick on how to properly infuse the garlic in the olive oil. So off I went to grab some fresh parsley and a block of parmesan cheese and set about the tasty task ahead - a good Spaghetti Aglio e Olio.

It was a success! I paired it off with a simple broiled salmon seasoned with Thai sweet chili sauce and it was just perfect! Well almost - I wish we had a good Riesling and cheese plate to munch on after this meal. But nonetheless, it was definitely palate satisfying. The garlic aroma was mouth-watering and the freshly-grated parmesan cheese just really gives it the extra edge in flavor.



Happy eating! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment