Thursday, February 21, 2013

Spinach Salad Ala Aimee


It has been awhile! I have no valid excuse for not posting, I've either been bitten by the lazy bug or have ben too busy with my other interests. In between those, I've gone to different restaurants but I've longed forgotten the experience and tastes already! Lol! I don't think I can do justice should I write about them now.

So, I've decided to do something different - share what I myself make and eat! Living on my own has made me cook my own food and try and experiment new dishes, inspired by stuff I've eaten at restaurants. I've been learning how to make some dishes that are quite pricey at an affordable price so I can enjoy them anytime I want to! Although don't cross your fingers that this will be a regular thing - I just recently started doing this but rest assured, I will share them when I find time. I just hope inspiration and creativity continue to come! :)

So first off is this Spinach Salad. I just ordered this from Cactus Club Cafe in Vancouver and this is a creation of Rob Feenie, Canada's first Iron Chef America Champion. I had been so surpised at how tasty it was, considering it's a salad and as my friend always says, "You don't make friends with salads." But this salad, is definitely a friend of mine, so much so that I created my own variation inspired from it and it's been my lunch for the past weeks. It's so easy to make and doesn't pack a punch of calories but still has a feisty taste to it - 'coz of the vinaigrette.

The photo pretty much explains what's in it and I just have to add - I love love the prosciutto!


The side of brie cheese is for the crackers I eat with the salad. :) Also, in my other variations, I removed the sausage and if I don't have a green apple at home, I opted for some seasoned croutons for that extra crunch.

Happy eating! ☺


No comments:

Post a Comment